Volunteers are an integral part of the Cardiovascular Health Awareness Program (CHAP). Their role is invaluable and contributes to the success of CHAP in each community. Each volunteer will receive training and sign a Letter of Understanding which outlines their roles and responsibilities within the CHAP sessions. Many CHAP volunteers are also participants themselves. Their training will include:
- Overview of cardiovascular health issues.
- Background information on high blood pressure and hypertension.
- Modifiable versus non-modifiable risk factors.
- Details on the workings of the CHAP sessions.
- The role of the CHAP Volunteers.
- Role playing and simulated situations volunteers may encounter