Updated content coming here soon.
Volunteer Health Educators are an integral part of the Cardiovascular Health Awareness Program (CHAP). Their role is invaluable and contributes to the success of CHAP in each community. Each volunteer will receive training and sign a Letter of Understanding which outlines their roles and responsibilities within the CHAP sessions. Many CHAP volunteers are also participants themselves. Their training will include:
- Overview of cardiovascular health issues.
- Background information on high blood pressure/hypertension.
- Healthy versus non healthy lifestyles.
- Modifiable versus non-modifiable risk factors.
- Details on the workings of the CHAP sessions.
- The role of the Volunteer Health Educators.
- Review CHAP session set-up.